Monday, November 13, 2017

Dairy and Sugar and Carbs, OH MY!

I am still struggling from severe joint pain.  I have been going to the chiropractor and acupuncturist regularly.  No relief yet.  I have had so many doctors and friends tell me to look at my diet.  Cut out sugars.  Cut out dairy.  The problem is that everyone has something different to say.  I have no idea what to do.  I believe the theory is to get rid of foods that cause inflammation.  The only issue is that I do not have inflammation in my joints.  I just have unexplained pain.  And a lot of it.  I give up on the food thing.  I am just going to eat healthy most of the time.

In the meantime, I have started yoga.  I went to restorative yoga the first time.  That was basically an hour and 15 minutes of napping in 5 different positions.  It was nice, but I do not think that I will benefit from it.  The second time I went to a foundations yoga (non-heated, non flow).  That was good.  It was hard for me to move and get into and out of positions.  I hung with it and at the end when you lay there and relax and they say nice things to you, I just started crying.  What the hell is it with me and  yoga and crying?!!  I do think yoga shows me that my body can't do the simple things that I used to be able to do.  It is frustrating and sad.  I know I will eventually get back to being able to move better. I need to stick with the yoga and stretch and move.

Side note:  I once read an article that said that when you get to the point of not being able to get yourself off the ground with your own power, you'll be dead in three months.  Haha.  A bit drastic.  But I get the point.  I am not easily able to get myself off the ground. I hate that.



My friend's twin boys ran  and had my name on their tags for "This Run is Personal"!  I love this!!!!!  :) 
All decked out in a wig and false eyelashes for a night at Del Lago.  I felt pretty for the first time in forever!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment