Friday, February 16, 2018

Post-op appointment

Whew, I am one sore puppy!!  I finally took a shower today.  I didn’t take any of my bandages off.  I just couldn’t do it.  I look like a monster - swollen and bruised and bandaged.  Oh course, when I went in, the nurse practitioner says, “Wow, you look great!”  I would hate to see what they think doesn’t look great.

Here’s some weirdness. My “new” nipple was created by cutting my remaining nipple in half and sewing it onto my reconstructed breast.  It will turn black (it has already) and slough off -ewwwwww- and I will be left with a new, pink nipple.  Crazy.

All the areas that they did the liposuction and fat grafting are bruised and painful.  She says I will be in decent pain for a good month.  I stopped taking the oxycodone because it was making me sick.    I’m not allowed to exercise and sweat for a full month.  I am honestly kind of bummed about that.  But, I have pain just standing up straight.....so I don’t think doing a cobra pose would feel very good.

The spot where my port came out hurts and got really red last night. Dave called the after hours doctor.  They had me take a photo of it and send it to them.  They think it’s just irritated.  She poked around it a lot today and decided that I will live and to just keep on the antibiotics.

I have to remove my bandages on Monday.  Nobody mentioned not working, so I didn’t ask.  I’m going back on Thursday.  I’m sure it will be fine.

Next up:  Another visit with the plastic surgeon in 3 weeks for another check.  Then, I will schedule my appointment to tattoo an areola.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment