Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Surgery done!

Amazingly, I survived yesterday without FOOD!!  My surgery ended up being delayed 1.5 hours and I finally went in at 3:30pm.  Surgery lasted almost 2 hours (but mere minutes for me!!!).  I had lots done:  port removed, nipple and reduction on left breast, augmented right breast with fat grafting, and cosmetic repair of my stomach/sides from the DIEP flat procedure that I had done during the mastectomy.  I was basically dressed and pushed out the door before I was even 100% conscious.  Thankful for Dave getting me home, in bed, and a nice slice of peanut butter toast! :)

I haven’t looked at my body yet.  I probably won’t look at it for 48 hours, when I can take a shower again.  I think I will need to set my expectations low, even though the doc told Dave that I will pleased with the results.

I definitely have a lot more pain than I did for the mastectomy - but I had internal and external pain relief for that procedure.  Right now, Codeine is my best friend.  Feeling SORE is an understatement.  Stupidly, I YouTubed liposuction and fat grafting just now.  Eeeek!

Nobody has told me how long I will need to stay out of work, but Google says 7-10 days.  It says I will be sore for the next couple of weeks.  I plan on going back in 8 days, with or without soreness!!

Next steps:  post-op appointment with the plastic surgeon this Friday - and then tattoo an areola on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment