Friday, December 16, 2016

CTA scan and stuff

Drove into Rochester during a major blizzard to have my CTA scan.  Got an IV placed and had an awful contrast injected.  They told me that I would be able to taste it, that is would make me feel a warm rush throughout my body, and  that it would make me feel like I'm peeing my pants.  Yep, yep, and yep.  It also can cause deadly allergic reactions, so I had to stay for a bit afterwards, next to a bunch of life-saving equipment.  This scan will let the plastic surgeon know if I have enough good blood vessels in my abdomen to do a reconstruction without having to cut out part of my stomach muscle for a blood supply.  Fingers crossed on that one.  I assume I will know the results at my pre-op appointment with him on December 30th.

In the meantime, I recieved a letter from my insurance company that my plastic surgeon (Dr. Vega) will no longer be a participating provider.  After February 28th, we do not know if insurance will cover his services.  That means I will have my reconstruction covered, but by the time I need to have any adjustments so my breasts match, and have a nipple reconstructed, I may be on my own.  I will have to have this awkward conversation with Dr. Vega, "Sooo, how much does a nipple cost out-of-pocket?"  Great.

It's Christmas - I don't have any more appointments until afterwards.  Thankfully, I'm staying insanely busy so I don't have time to dwell on the fact that my feeling-great days are numbered.  I've put those thoughts on the back burner as much as my brain will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment