Wednesday, October 26, 2016

MRI

The MRI was not bad.  The doctor had offered me a xanax and I accepted.  Wow, I can see how people could get addicted to those.  It slowed all the anxiety in my heart and breathing down.  So nice.  I was only in the machine for 20 minutes and the contrast dye didn't hurt.  Elizabeth Wende Breast Clinic is seriously the best.  They gave me a CD with the images, without me even asking.

Borg & Ide Imaging, on the other hand, I have been ready to throttle!  They have shortened my life span by three years with stress alone.   I have been trying to get a copy of my biopsy pathology report from them and it's a no-go.  They tell me to call the lab, ACM, for a copy.  ACM says they cannot give it to me, only Borg & Ide.  B & I tell me that only ACM can give it to me.  They have changed their story every time I have called - BOTH places - and I'm not kidding.....I have called at least 4 times to each place.  By the last 2 calls, I had lost my cool and was yelling.  I just don't get it.  When Dave is talking to potential surgeons, they ask him questions that only the pathology report can give.  It's really been unbelievable.

Anyway, results from MRI should come from my gyn tomorrow.  Also, going to ask about getting genetic testing.

In the meantime, I am trying to explain to Will and James, in 4 year old language, what is happening to me.  I have showed them my bruises and bandages from the biopsies.

Me:  Remember when the doctor had to check my breast with the needle?
Will/James:  (wide eyed, open mouthed, horrified looks). yes...
Me:  The doctor found a little disease in there and they are going to have to do a little surgery to take the diseased part out.
Will/James:  (slight hesitation). Can we get the nerf guns out?

:D


No comments:

Post a Comment