Monday, June 26, 2017

So tired.....

The couch is my best friend lately
It's my first day of summer vacation.  I have so much to do......yard work......packing.....two 5 year olds......etc. etc. etc!  The past 2 weeks, the chemo has been catching up with me.  I'm so incredibly tired.  I wake up tired every morning.  Generally, I get through the day by doing a little chore and then laying down for a half hour/hour.  I've already taken a NAP this morning and if you know me, I rarely sit down and I certainly don't nap during the day!  I really can't fight it.  I'm tired and I'm weak.

Other than exhaustion, the only other serious side effect that I'm dealing with from the Taxol is that I have lost ALL sense of taste and smell.  Nothing tastes good.  I eat just because I'm supposed to.  There is zero enjoyment in eating and cooking right now.  Since I consider myself a "foodie", it's nearly killing me.  I hope this helps me lose the extra 10 lbs that I've put on since I started chemo.  I  also hope that these senses come back when this is all over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment