Monday, October 9, 2017

Surgery scheduled for February

First, let me back up to yesterday.  My pain in my joints (especially feet, hands, knees) has become almost unbearable.  I am now in pain throughout the day and even when I am not on my feet.  It still gets super severe in the evenings, lasting well into the morning.  For my birthday, Dave got me a 60 minute foot massage. I was super excited.  But, this was a very painful massage!  I have had therapeutic massages before and ouch!  However, I was pain-free for about 3 hours afterwards!!!  So, my thinking is that I should go for a foot massage every three hours for the rest of my life! :) I am, in all seriousness, going to try to do this regularly for a bit.  Massage combined with meditation, acupuncture, chiropractic, and hopefully yoga - that is my recipe for getting my life back.  There is a cancer survivor yoga and meditation class at Breathe Yoga on Wednesday, and I am going.  I hope that I can try to work in the yoga/meditation classes more regularly after that.  I also have some leads on acupuncturists....just have to find the time to call and go in!

I completely ditched the Gabapentin drugs.  They didn't help at all.  Tamoxifen has been fine so far.

Today, I visited Dr. Vega for a consult on my next surgery, which is cosmetic.  He is going to do a laundry list of stuff:  remove my chemo port, fat graft from my abdomen to my right breast to make it the same size as the reconstructed breast, liposuction my stomach/sides to smooth things out, and give me a nipple on the left side.  I scheduled it for February 13th.  I have to be back to my pre-chemo weight prior to surgery.  I insisted that I was only 5-6 lbs away from that - when in reality I may be 8-9 lbs away.  Shhhh.  I have to decide how I want the nipple done.  He can do "nipple sharing", which is cutting the end off the one remaining nipple and using it for the left side.  He can't promise that I won't lose sensation, but he says it will be the best "look".  I have to google that some more.  It kind of freaks me out.  Ok, it really freaks me out.   I will go back to his office in January for a pre-surgery appointment and confirmation on the February 13th surgery date.

No comments:

Post a Comment