Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Trump win and last surgeon consult

We met with Dr. Kristin Skinner this morning.  That was our fifth and final surgeon consult.  We liked her.  She had a social worker meet with us, much like the psychiatrist appointment at Cleveland Clinic.  They are trying to make sure that we are handling this stress in a healthy way. They ask what we are telling the kids and how we are going to take care of the kids after surgery.

Out of the 5 doctors - we have narrowed it down to Dr. Ruth Hetland and Dr. Skinner.  We are leaning toward Dr. Hetland.

I had my blood pressure taken at this appointment and it was 140/77.
Nurse:  Are you a little stressed today?
Me:  Yes, I am terrified for our country this morning.

We have one more consult with a plastic surgeon - Dr. Stephen Vega.  That will be next Tuesday. At that point, if his ideas follow closely with what we heard at Cleveland Clinic, we are ready to schedule this surgery.  I am looking forward to finalizing things and scheduling the surgery.  I know I need to hit bottom in order to start climbing out of this hole.  And I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment