Sunday, May 21, 2017

Doing well!!!

It is the Sunday after my new chemo drug.  I am doing really well.  There was no nausea whatsoever. My sense of taste and smell is still really messed up, but I'm not sure if it's due to the last treatment or  because it never repaired after that first horrible course of drugs.  The oncologist says it may take 6 weeks for things to go back to "normal".  My appetite is good - but there is really nothing that tastes good so I still have no interest in cooking.  I'm still dealing with a lot of mucus and sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in it - ewwww, I know.  My cough has decreased a bit.  I'm tired, but not dead-in-my-tracks tired like before. I'm able to lay down and rest for a half hour and then get up and do things for a bit.....which is how my days go.

The one outlier day was the day after chemo.  They had given me a bunch of pre-meds, which included steroids.  I felt like Wonder Woman the day after.  I jumped out of bed, cleaned the kitchen, got the kids ready for school, worked a VERY productive day, and took the kids to sports.  I felt invincible!  I was hoping to ride that wave right up to the next treatment - but sadly, it lasted only one day.  I made the most of it, though!  Hoping for another day like that this Thursday!

Tomorrow is bloodwork day - which is every Monday.  Then, I am on track for another treatment this Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment