Monday, January 16, 2017

Super Dave!

I am definitely fighting something off.  Dave called the surgeon on Saturday night and she said there is not much we can do at this time.  She is calling today to check in on me. I am eating, breathing, and bathing in essential oils.  Since both boys are now sick and up several times in the night, needing Motrin, etc. Dave decided to sleep in the boys' room in a sleeping bag on the floor in order to let me try to get full night's sleep.  The boys always come to me in the middle of the night and Dave is gloriously able to sleep through it all like a true man.  So, Dave is amazing to offer to do this!  Except, on the first night he slept in there, Will woke up  and literally had to step OVER Dave and came into my room!  He slept there again last night and it was truly a gift.  I am feeling a little better - mostly a head cold that is slowing turning into a cough.  Three more days.....

I keep telling the boys to cover their cough because I cannot get sick.  I explained that I really need to be healthy to have this surgery to get this disease out of me - and that it is super important to get the disease out of me as soon as possible.  That has evolved into this:

Will: **cough cough**
Me:  Don't forget to cover your cough so I don't get sick.
Will:  Right, or you will DIE.

Uh, yes. Something like that.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment