Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Ta-ta to my ta-ta

First - I have never felt the support of so many people in my life as I have over the past 4 months. There have been texts, phone calls, jokes, hugs, well wishes, funny pictures, prayers, positive vibes, gifts, listening, cards, t-shirts, letters, pink bracelets, cake, questions of how to help, organizing food, and just so much LOVE!  I am definitely feeling it!  And I cannot even put into words how much I appreciate it.  I would not have made it this far with my sanity intact without every single one of you.

Even people I do not know have been so thoughtful.  Yesterday I was dropping off Dave's dry cleaning.  They usually call me if I leave the clothes there too long - thinking I have forgotten them.  So, this time I told her that wouldn't be picking up the clothes for 2 months because I was going in for surgery - as I was silently thinking **please don't ask what kind of surgery...please don't ask**.  "Aww, what kind of surgery are you having?"   **Eeeek!**  Mumbling, "a mastectomy"....to which she responded by running around the counter and giving me a hug and offering to bring the dry cleaning to my house!!!  Love small towns! :)

Second - I am officially really sick!  I called the surgeon today and they told me to call my primary doc.  The primary wanted to see me.  I went in and they told me I have not been sick long enough to diagnose anything and therefore it is too early for medication.  (I knew this!). I am sure I have a sinus infection, but it just started a couple of days ago.  I'm a slobbery mess with a lot of sinus pain.  The primary couldn't even clear me for surgery because things could change overnight.  I am guessing the surgeon told me to see the primary to cover their ass.  Sooooooooo........

Tomorrow I go in for my nuclear medicine injection into my breast - so that my lymph nodes "light up" during surgery so they can be removed.  That's at 8:30am.  I have to report back to the hospital at 10:45am to get ready for surgery.  It is at that time that I suspect that they will say yay or nay to proceeding.  And if it is the latter, it is at that time that I will lose my fricken mind.

At this point, I am trying to keep focused on there being a surgery tomorrow.  My fingers are crossed. Keeping calm.  :D If all goes well, the next blog update will be written by Dave! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment