Friday, March 17, 2017

Hardware installed

Dave got home at 2am Friday morning and we left for the hospital at 6am.  The surgery took just under 1.5 hours and I woke up right in the operating room feeling pretty great. I was in recovery for a half hour and then we went out to breakfast!  I have all the manuals for my "power port".  I was pain -free for the first two hours and now the pain is seeping into my chest and down my arm.  I'm back to not being able to exercise (not a problem!) and not being able to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk (a big problem!) for 4-5 weeks.

Of course, today is the perfect snow for making a snowman.....and due to my crappy health throughout the whole winter, I have not been able to do it with the boys.  I'm laying down now and hopefully I have enough strength and no pain to do it with them this afternoon.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a sledding day with the cousins.....but I think I'll be the photographer and beg my brother to do all the work/play with the kids.  I hate missing this stuff.

Dave is having high anxiety about his mother's surgery and also insists on being present for my first chemo.  They are scheduled for the same time.  I WANT him to be with his mom.  He wants me to change my appointment.  I don't want to and I'm perfectly fine going to this appointment with a friend. He put huge guilt on me that if I don't change the appointment that he will be forced to go to my appointment and not his mother's surgery.  I'm about ready to strangle him with this extra stress.  So, I was forced to chance my appointment and I'm not speaking to him right now.....other than swearing.  :/ I don't get why he has to make this so difficult.  My chemo appointment is not a big deal.  His mom's surgery is.  Rrrrrrrrr.

Oh, and an interesting discovery on the oncotype testing.  The protocol is to just test the largest tumor to determine the need for chemo.  Dave researched and insisted on testing all five.  The doctors all rolled their eyes and said they will all be the same.  Turns out that they weren't all the same.  And, the score on my largest tumor was not the largest oncotype score.  Therefore, if they were just going by the testing of this largest tumor, I would NOT be a candidate for chemo.  Scary stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment