Friday, March 10, 2017

Wig shopping

Since chemo is 100% definite, today was wig-shopping day.  I had an appointment at 11am and was there almost 2 hours.  The stylist was amazing and took all the time with us.  There is definitely a shock that comes with putting on your first couple of wigs.  Dave took pictures and it was easier to pick them while looking at photographs rather than real-life in the mirror.  For the record, I find it easier to buy new glasses using this method too. I learned a LOT aobut wigs today, more than I ever thought I would have to know.  Ended up buying three - a short/sassy, a medium that looks sort of like my own hair, and a long, fun one.  Might wear the long one out to dinner tonight to normalize it into my life.  No one knows me here.  All the rest are being shipped home with all the products to take care of them.

Next step is talking to the boys about these changes that are a-coming.  I haven't talked to them about my chemo/hair loss yet because it hadn't been definite until yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database. วิก ผม ชาย

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, lace front wigs are boon to those women who have had to endure hair loss due to many medical conditions, such as alopecia, and chemotherapy for cancer. blue lace front wigs

    ReplyDelete